Ah. Nature. The Earths canvas colored with an array of beautiful shades of life. A camera captures only have of the truth behind a sunset, a rock , a bench or a tree. A thousand words can't even begin to describe the inner workings of The natural world.
"Oh how forsaken is the ground we walk on, how mistreated it has become."Beauty. Such a misconceived word. What is beauty? What does the world see as beauty?
Self-Esteem. Surrounded with such vain societies the self-esteem of even the most flawless of people become tainted with self-loathing. Beauty is...
- Perfection
- Socially Acceptable
- The "Dream"
Gained though vanities Our world has become rotted, ugly and gross.
Faces have become painted, wrinkled and toast.
Eyes have become colored in bizarre shades of gold.
Being different is ugly being blond is the acceptable norm.
I must admit I have fallen into this state. Where I am not beautiful unless my figure matches that of a magazine or a star. My hair is not perfect unless others believe it's so. My happiness with my self is based on this overwhelming self-loathe.
I can no longer state that my beautiful is felt true. I judge myself harshly and tear at my soul with the no signs of Ruth.
Though my self-beauty has been lost to the evil cruel world my conception of the world is based on an artist's whim to explore.
The world has become my artist inspiration. A tree is now a castle , the rock is now a stair and the sky is but a painting captured in a stone. Perhaps if i viewed myself as the Earth I would learn to except those hill like curves. And the grass-green eyes would capture me in a forest filled with luxurious growth. Perhaps I could accept that my body is my art. It's my canvas to paint. It's my plank to carve.
Earlier today on my one of many adventures. I traveled to the Bay front to capture frozen waters subtle glow. The photo's i captured seemed to hold the Earth's soul. I met many angles, many colors and many slopes. But one the path that I captured lead to the frozen waters. It disappeared to nothingness. A cold abyss of the endless crystal waters trapped in winter's strong hold. I called it The Path to Nothing but it held so much more. For as I walked the broken path My heart slowly became whole.
It's true in life we must a find our own paths. But what if we felt comfortable in the paths of the past? This path that I walked on, gave me freedom and hope. How can a path that lead to nowhere provide me with such personal growth.
"I may not be perfection. I may not be the most beautiful of blokes but my heart is a place I can call a beautiful home."
Speaking of beautiful I went to the most classic of places. It's a little Dive in Burlington called Eastbrooke's. It's a small homey place. They have 12" hot dogs, homemade burgers, milkshakes and fries. My Papa used to take his kids there when he was alive.
I had the Hoser Dog : It had melted cheese, pea male bacon, fried onions and tomatoes.
It was delicious.
My Mom and Dad had the Wonder Dog: It had melted cheese, bacon, fried onions and tomatoes.
They were pretty much the same aside from the bacon.
My brother was boring and had a 12" with ketchup.
Well I bid you all farewell, I'll post possibly tomorrow we'll see how i feel.
Sincere and Confused,
SimpleShadow
.xoxo
SimpleShadow
.xoxo
1 comment:
Wow! This was very poetic!
I agree with you on a lot of points. Beauty shouldn't be what others think of it as, but what you think of it.
"Beauty is in the eye's of the beholder"
I try to find a good, positive thing about everyone. Everyone I know is pretty in their own, unique way (unless they conform to the norm, in which case they're pretty in the magazine-type way.) Anyways, I love you.
And would it be alright if I could see the pictures of the lake? I love driving by the lake, unfortunately, I don't get to a lot of the time!~
xx
Post a Comment